Below are some of the benefits your company may receive depending upon your type of company.
Reduction in U.S. Customs Inspections
When cargo is imported, CBP assigns an undisclosed risk value to each shipment; assessing such risk factors as:country of origin, supplier, type of product, developed intelligence.
When a C-TPAT certified company imports cargo, CBP deducts points from the risk value. This results in the imported cargo being placed in a preferred category. Even if the shipment is selected to be inspected, the process is faster if the shipment is being imported by a C-TPAT certified U.S. importer.
All of this translates into reduced inspection fees, customs fees, cargo fees, increased speed to market and an immediate positive effect on a company’s bottom line.
Entries filed by Tier II C-TPAT certified U.S. importers are 3.5 times less likely to be selected for a security based examination whereas Tier III C-TPAT certified U.S. importers are 9 times less likely to be selected.
Front of the Line Privileges
- Granted to full C-TPAT containers/trailers that are selected for an examination.
- To the extent possible and practicable the containers/trailers can be moved ahead of any non C-TPAT containers/trailers awaiting exam, regardless of how long they have been there.
- Containers/trailers will not wait as long in line at a Container Examination Site.
- Overall: Reduction in time and cost of getting cargo released by U.S. Customs
In the event of a national emergency or terrorist act, which results in the closing of an airport, land or sea port of Entry; C-TPAT certified shipments will have priority access into the U.S. once the U.S. Port of Entry reopens.
Free and Secure Trade (FAST) Lanes
Expedited clearance across the borders between the U.S. & Canada / U.S. & Mexico via dedicated FAST lanes.
- Maintain business relationship with an existing customer that is requiring your Company to be certified
- Obtain new customers
- Increase competitiveness
- Minimize the probability of a disruption to your supply chain
- Improve predictability in importing cargo from abroad or transporting cargo to the U.S.